Friday, September 11, 2015

Writing Update Sept 11

I'm working on maintaining a regular writing habit.  I've been letting my day job take over my life and I want to really work on carving out time and space for things that are important to me.  This week, my focus has been to write at least 100 words a day. Next week, my goal will be to write at least 150 words a day and I'll continue to increase the number of words until I reach a reasonable number for continuous writing in the time that I have available. I'm hoping to reach the point where I can easily write 1000 words a day.

I'm really enjoying my return to writing. Immersing myself in my stories feels like coming home. I didn't realize how much I'd missed these stories and writing until now.

I'm currently focusing on re-writing Hive Mind since it is the farthest along and it should be easier to gain some momentum on.  This first draft almost feels more like an outline to me.  I think this is probably a good sign of how much I've grown as a writer. Also, looking at my project list, I think I need to stop starting new projects. Of course, a couple of these are failed starts from NaNoWriMo since I started the full time day job. I'm definitely looking forward to working on and actually finishing these projects.

Statistics:
Words Written: 341
Scenes Outlined: 0

Works In Progress
Hive Mind (NaNoWriMo 2010) - Editing and Writing Second Draft
54324 / 90000


Thriller - Brainstorming and Outlining

0 / 50000

Outbreak (NaNoWriMo 2011) - Resting

54270 / 90000


Steampunk Seasonal Serial - Writing First Draft

15809 / 50000

A Guide to Inter-species Dating - Writing Rough Draft

1751 / 50000

Shattered Lives - Brainstorming and Outlining

181 / 50000

Greased Gears - Writing First Draft

9326 / 50000

No comments:

Post a Comment