Saturday, January 14, 2012

Art: Practice Piece #1

I'm trying hard to remember my artistic goals as well as my writing and weight loss goals.  To that end, I'm going to try and get a second drawing done today so that I can at least average one drawing a week.


This is a Celtic Knot-work sketch.  Mostly done to remind myself how the basic design principles work.  Also, it helped pass the time during the two hour lecture on the syllabus and online set-up for my mostly online statistics class.  There are many places where I lost track of the pattern and had to retrace my steps.  The lines are uneven and hesitant.  It is a decent practice piece but it certainly won't be going any farther than that.

Medium: Black Ink and Paper

1 comment:

  1. I do like Celtic knots. I have two pieces in daily use that relate to this - the book plate that I put in my books, and my wedding ring which I designed myself. Very pleased with both.

    Hmm, I need to get my blog back up so I can share them!

    ReplyDelete